Friday, August 22, 2008

Travelling to Belaga

Recently I got chance to tavel to Belaga on official duty. Knowing Belaga only from the Map and Aerial Photo before, I expected a tough ride to Belaga either by river or by land. I decided to go via Bintulu by land cruiser..and what I experienced is not what I always thought of..It just take about 3 hours ride from Bintulu..a comparative distance of Kuching to Betong. Although, we have to spend 2 hours on gravel and earth road (logging road), it is a smooth ride. Rejang River which connects Belaga to Kapit and other parts of State at downriver. It takes about 5 hours ride by express boat from Belaga to Kapit.

Belaga Town, a district and commercial centre that provide services to Belaga folks. District Office, Hospital, Schools, Police Dept., and few other agencies are located here.

A logging road which connects Belaga to Bintulu..become the main accessibility to Belaga town. I was given understand that the road condition has much improved compared to few years back.

No comments: